Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pretending to be a Tour Guide

My mother is visiting (hi, Mom!), which means that now I get to act like I know all about Stockholm, even though I still haven't been to the Vasa Museum or seen the changing of the guard at the palace. Today we did a very uninformative walking tour of the city, led by me, full of useful facts like "this is the grocery store with the best candy bins" and "this place has the best hot chocolate and the mug is practically a bowl - but you still need a kanelbulle, obviously" and "this store has a ton of poorly-supervised samples of fancy licorice" (see a theme?). We earned our food, though. Stockholm isn't huge, but a walk from the north side of the city - where I live - to the south side of the city is a few miles in each direction.

Well, my mom just stuck her nail file into my junky-but-still-functioning little adapter in hopes that it would somehow fix it (???), but now it just sparks when I plug it into the wall. Which is to say, I need to conserve my battery until I can get a new adapter after work tomorrow. More stories and pictures soon to come, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment